Monday, August 13, 2012

The time has come...

Dear Facebook Friends,

Some of you are friends from high school. Others of you were coeds with me at the old BYU. When I think of many of you I have memories of commiserating together over our single lives. But clearly, many of you have moved on.

Now your wedding photos were cute and sometimes even inspiring. I could stomach the obscene amount of pregnancy updates and baby photos because I knew they were meaningful to you. Funny quotes from your toddler and recaps of their crazy antics were totally welcome (they made me laugh and feel instantly grateful for my life). BUT PEOPLE this recent deluge of first-day-of-school photos are really starting to get to me.

I know I'm way past my "Mormon prime," but come on! I'm not even thirty yet and here you are with a kindergartener! Wait, no, a second grader AND a kindergartener! Bah! I hate to break it to you, but it might be time for me to hide your updates from my Facebook feed. This was intended to be a medium for  witty banter, stalking of potential boyfriends, viritual flirting, and the occasional showing off of my recent bad ass vacation. You and your adorable backpack clad kids are really starting to cramp my style.

Your Truly,
Liann

P.S. Oh and you overly religious, outspoken anti-religious, or overtly politically minded friends this doesn't mean you haven't fallen off my radar. I have an "unsubscribe from status updates" button and I'm not afraid to use it. 

4 comments:

Ryan Farnes said...

I was just about to post a political video. Crisis averted...although you likely stopped following me a while ago. Hehe.

Mal said...

I read your blog too and love that NYC has inspired some new posts. This post in particular will make me smile all night and well into the day tomorrow. Love you. See you in October?

Liann said...

Ryan--Of course I wouldn't cut you off...you're potential boyfriend material ;) And Mal, so glad you're reading! Looking forward to catching up at the reunion!

Nathan said...

I'm sorry your ass vacation turned out to be so bad. Better luck with the next one.