Monday, June 30, 2008

Has Liann Found a Future Job?

I talked with a friend from India who owns a company in Sweden. He currently spends 20 days in Sweden and 10 in India each month. We talked a lot about my research and interest in India. Surprisingly enough he was actually impressed at what I am doing! He kept saying, "I know some people who would love to recruit you. Everyone needs a link from America to India."

After our talk I got to thinking...maybe all this wandering around India is actually leading me somewhere! I always thought this was just for the sake of it--some time in India is always a welcome thing. But maybe I'm actually gaining marketable skills!! Maybe just maybe after a bachelors degree and soon a masters degree I will be able to find a company not just willing to hire me, but wanting to recruit me!

And maybe just maybe they'll be turned off by this post if they read my blog, but wow I never thought this weird passion of mine might actually be useful to someone somewhere!

2 comments:

Kjerstin Evans Ballard said...

I think that Heavenly Father positions us a the top of a hill sometimes so we can look back and see how everything fit together perfectly and according to plan to bring us to where we are. Before we topple our way into the next foggy valley. He is good. (And any company who didn't want you wouldn't be worth working for anyway.)

Derek & Kellyn said...

Wow, Liann, you're so brave and adventurous! I love it. Hope you're takig care of your self.