Monday, March 16, 2009

Smells

I spent the Saturday afternoon with a roommate, Christiana, shopping at the mall (something we both don’t do regularly). I was almost out of my body lotion and wanted to replenish the stock. My roommate took me into Victoria Secret to try the lotions there. I blushed as we smelled lotions with titles such as Pure Seduction, Amber Romance and Romantic Wish. Christiana explained carefully that every man loves Love Spell, even though we both agreed it really wasn’t our favorite.

We decided to each buy three, since the deal was 6 for 30 bucks. I smelled and smelled each one in the room again and again in classic Liann style. I ended up with two I liked: Sweet Daydream and Endless Love. Christiana offered to buy a 4th and call it quits. But in the end I felt I had to get Love Spell since the patch of my arm with that lotion smeared on it started to smell appealing. She convinced me it was the secret to seducing any man and I felt I just had to have it.

So after each shower I have this small dilemma—what do I want to smell like today? Sometimes I just wipe on the one I haven’t used in awhile. Other times I calculate what men I’ll be seducing that day and lather up accordingly. Do I want to entice him with Love Spell? Or should I hope it’s Endless Love he’ll go for, since that’s more true to myself?

Oh the things we do to amuse ourselves!

7 comments:

Christiana Lou said...

I love the picture with the description. And I want to point out I didn't say it seduces guys but they do LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! Which I still do not understand for sure

Renae said...

I love endless love too! I have the same problem..I have so many of those scents. Each day is a mystery as to what I'll smell like. And I agree about love spell..not my favorite, but I have heard some guys say it's their favorite. My husband likes strawberries and champagne and amber romance. Sounds like a fun little outing!

Lo said...

Love spell smells like fruit snacks. Men like food. Fruit snacks are food. Case in point.

Charlotta-love said...

I bought Love Spell for the first time in 2002. I was volunteering for the Olympics and happened to need some lotion. I put on said Love Spell and, I kid you not, a guy walked in the room 10 seconds later and said, "Is that Love Spell?" It's just THAT powerful.

annie (the annilygreen one) said...

remember at our movieless bad movie night how i said i'd comment on your blog? i sort of forgot, but it's not too late, right? i too have a love spell story to share. i started wearing it in high school (i needed all the help i could get), and one sunday when i was wearing it, the guy i was in LOVE with passed me a note in sacrament meeting..."love spell--nice choice." then i died.

annie (the annilygreen one) said...

i just thought of another one. freshman year, my boyfriend came to visit me, and since it's byu, we spent all our evenings outside (not making out in doorways like everyone else, i promise). every time i'd go in to go to the bathroom or get something or whatever, i'd put some more lotion on....i didn't want it to wear off, and i guess i thought it would amp up the (chaste) seduction or something. after a while, he was like, um what's that smell? he totally hated it, and i never wore it again.

Nathan said...

I am totally willing to test-smell you -- don't tell me which is which! -- and render my Official Guy Opinion on the matter. Let me know.