Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Liann the Yoga Teacher

Well, it’s over. My month long intensive yoga teacher training is finished.

While I sat with my fellow yoga teachers in our last circle together I felt myself getting quite emotional. However, in classic Liann style I couldn’t express any of it in the moment. (Before any of you laugh out loud I’ll explain.) I tend to express my day to day emotions with copious amounts of words, but when they run deep I find it difficult to say much at all. Later that night I found myself on the train ride home crying into my journal as I tried to write what I felt.

As I sift through my emotions the words that stick out most are: Gratitude, deep and enduring gratitude. A glowing, radiant, yet peaceful happiness. And finally a great deal of sadness that comes with the end of anything beautiful.

Ever since I made this decision, people have asked, “Why a yoga teacher training?” And my answer tended to be a rambling one. While I had my reasons, when explained in the light of casual conversation they just didn’t sound that convincing.

But I never expected to feel the way I do about this last month. So much so that I’m even having a hard time expressing it here. While I think my last few blog entries have been a bit clever they dance around what has been really going on in my life.

So, here it is, for all you avid readers (don’t worry I’m not that delusional about how many there are of you). I AM A YOGA TEACHER (well almost. I’m one take home test and two homework assignments away from being certified). And while I never expected my life to take such a “hippie” turn, I’m very grateful it did.

7 comments:

Ransom said...

I need to be Yoga-taught some time. I'm afraid I won't make a consistent allocation of time, though. Maybe one of these days.

Sydney Vivian Lambson said...

Yes and yes! I love that you are all yoga trained and certified. so glad that it was good experience

Mal said...

Just don't stop showering.

Liann said...

Haha! I'll keep that in mind Mal! Thanks Sydney! And yes Ransom, you should give it a chance!

Laura said...

I think this is what we had most in common, we are closet hippies (hence matching tie dye skirts)

I Love you and I am so proud! you are inspiration to me. Keep it up, I want a bracelet that says.."what would Liann do" Hope thats not to creepy.

Liann said...

Maybe a little creepy, but I still love it Laura!!

Anonymous said...

Hello Liann,
I am looking for a yoga instructor to teach and help. I wish to start new class from March 20, 2010
If you know any one might interest, please contect me.
e-mail grandmastertomjang@yahoo.com
Full/part time and weekday and weekend. Thank you for your help.
I do have studio in Overland Park.