Friday, May 28, 2010

One Way to World Peace

So, I’ve started my consulting position at Management Sciences for Health (MSH). I’ve been hired to write up a Strategy Document for their Family Planning and Reproductive Health Unit. In order to write this document I’ve spent my first few days reading lots and lots of documents about the projects MSH has done regarding family planning and reproductive health. Yesterday I ran across this sentence from one of those documents, “Reproductive health therefore implies that people are able to have a satisfying and safe sex life and that they have the capability to reproduce and the freedom to decide if, when, and how often to do so.”

Now don’t get me wrong the Family Planning and Reproductive Health Unit of MSH is providing many evidence-based programs that help reduce the mortality and morbidity rates of mothers and the mortality rate infants. (Can you tell I've been reading a lot about this subject?) And I find that that services they provide are an important part of health care.

With that said, I also want to say that I just love that I am working for an organization that supports satisfying sex lives for people across the globe. And I can't help but smile when I told a friend and she commented, “I also feel that happy sex is a vital step in ensuring world peace.”

3 comments:

Miles said...

here's to world peace

Shankar said...

So, the hippies had it right? Make love, not war? Groovy.

Heidi said...

I vote yes to this! (As a strange side note, I typed "love" instead of "vote." I wonder if that means something.)