Thursday, October 9, 2008

A Quarter of a Century


I am officially turning 25 (a quarter of a century) in 3 days time. I can't tell you how excited I am. Well, not THAT excited since most likely all I'll do is watch General Conference and share candies with my host family and church friends (an Indian tradition). But there is something magic about 25. I feel like I'll be old enough, but not too old. I can be taken seriously, but don't have to take myself seriously. I'm young enough to dream, but old enough to make those dreams actually happen. No really it feels a bit magical. Things just get better with age and this year I can feel myself just getting better and better all the time.

7 comments:

Renae said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you have a great day!

Emily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily said...

Happy Birthday Liann!! We hope you have a great birthday. What do they do for birthdays there?

Charlotta-love said...

Stopping by way of Shankar's blog to say hi. Also, turning 25 allows you to rent a car!

For fun, I charged people a quarter to come to my 25th b-day party. Hope you have a fantastic birthday!

Shankar said...

Is there a better way to spend you birthday than listening to General Conference? My birthday comes right between the two Conferences, just when I could do with a spiritual refill.

PS: Happy Birthday!

~Riley~ said...

Happy Birthday, Liann! Welcome to the quarter-of-a-century club! It seems like yesterday I was turning 25 and moving to Arizona for my big career adventure. (18 years ago...) Wow. Time flies. Now how old will I be when you are my current age? I think I will be your mom's current age. Strange.
Have a wonderful day!

Love,
Amy

Kjerstin Evans Ballard said...

Happy Birthday Liann!!!

I love 25. Love it. Absolutely everything you've said: you get to be an adult without any of the angst that I can only imagine 30 will bring.

You'll kick 25's trash.

Love you! See you later! ke